Friday, January 22, 2010

Hola Granola

We all love to snack in between meals, but the question is what to snack on that doesn't make you regretful after you swallow the last bite. One of my favourite snacks is fresh granola, which can be eaten on its own, or as a topping on fat-free natural yogurt which is drizzled with real maple syrup and topped with fresh berries. Most days when I come home from work, I grab the granola bag and hope that it is not empty because my husband, Geoff, is virtually hooked on it. He insists that I make a fresh batch every weekend so that we don't run out during the week.

When my sister, Julie, was last in Barbados over the holidays, she made this granola in a flash and I was amazed at how delicious it was. It is super easy to make and the result is a naturally sweet and crunchy snack that is healthy and satisfying. We've added it to our Crumbs Homemade menu so that we can share it with you.

1 comment: